Terms & Conditions
1. Terms & Conditions
1. This website is owned and operated by Zero Carbon Academy Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 13492127 and having its registered office at Lynwood White Lane, Tadley, RG265TN U.K.
2. These terms and conditions regulate the legal effects of how you use this website or any linked websites and web/native apps (collectively “the Websites”) or utilise any of our services accessed via the Websites. By using the Websites in any way, setting up an account or utilising any of our services accessed via the Websites, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. The Websites include: 3.1 Zero carbon Academy .com
4. Services Our services include the following: 4.1 Livestream experiences; 4.2 In person events; 4.3 Webinars; 4.4 Reports; 4.5 Podcasts; 4.6 Video on-demand 4.7 Online training courses (collectively “the Services”)
5. Third Party Sponsors 5.2 These terms and conditions shall, to the extent appliable, also govern your relationship with our Sponsors and, in particular, all indemnities and all exemption from and limitations of liability contained herein shall likewise apply to the benefit of our Sponsors as well as Zero Carbon Academy.
6. Intellectual Property / Utilisation of the Websites and our Services 6.1 For the purposes of this Clause: 6.1.1 “Content” includes, but is not limited to, all or part of any text, graphics, layout, logos, images, audio material, films or other moving images, product details and/or software published or otherwise available on the Websites or as part of our Services from time to time (including, without limitation, anything made available for download); 6.1.2 “Intellectual Property” means any trademarks, logos and service marks (whether or not registered) displayed on the Websites and any copyright vesting in any of the Content.
6.2 We are the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property rights in the Websites and the Content. Subject to these terms and conditions and to any specific terms and conditions stipulated in relation to any particular part of the Content or Intellectual Property, we grant you a limited, temporary, revocable, and non-exclusive license to access, browse and use the Websites, the Content and Intellectual Property for your personal and non-commercial use only. 6.3 While accessing, browsing and/or using the Websites you must: 6.3.1 comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes; 6.3.2 not impersonate another person or use a false name or email address; 6.3.3 not deep-link to and/or frame or use framing techniques to enclose the Websites or any part of the Websites without our prior written consent; 6.3.4 not modify or attempt to modify all or any part of the Content or the Websites; 6.3.5 not gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Websites, the server on which the Websites is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Websites; 6.3.6 not post, transmit, submit, refer to, make available or link to or from (or authorise or permit any other person to do the same) any material which:
22.214.171.124. is untrue, fraudulent, inaccurate or incomplete; and/or 126.96.36.199. is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, is in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise is in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code, and/or 188.8.131.52. makes excessive demands for bandwidth; and/or 184.108.40.206. constitutes advertising (unless approved or otherwise authorised by us); and/or 220.127.116.11. contains any virus or other harmful code, or which may otherwise impair or harm the Websites or our computer systems or any third party computer system, and we shall have sole discretion as to whether any material is in breach of this clause. 6.4 Except as set out in the limited licence in this Clause 7 or as required by law, the Content, Intellectual Property and/or any other part of the Websites may not be used, reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, accessed, modified, or otherwise exploited, in full or in part, for any purpose without our prior written consent. In particular, you are not permitted to republish any part of the Websites (including the Content) on another website, in any other medium (print, electronic or otherwise) or as part of any commercial service without our prior written permission which may be withheld without reason having to be given. 6.5 At any time and without giving you any advance notice, we may permanently or temporarily and for any reason: 6.5.1 terminate, suspend or deny your access to the Websites (whether in whole or in part); 6.5.2 terminate, suspend or deny you access to the Content, the registration areas of the Websites; 6.5.3 remove or edit any Content on the Websites at any time, and in such circumstances, all liability of Zero Carbon Academy Limited, its directors, employees or other representatives for any loss whatsoever arising from our removing or editing Content and/or your limited use of or inability to use the Websites (either in whole or in part), email services and/or password is excluded, insofar as it is possible to do so in law.
7. Data Protection and Privacy
8. Third party links 8.1 The Websites contains hypertext links to third party websites. 8.2 We are not responsible for, nor do we endorse in any way, such third party websites or their content.
8.3 If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
9. Advertising and Sponsorship 9.1 Parts of the Websites contain advertising and sponsorship. 9.2 Advertisers and our Sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Websites complies with all legal and regulatory requirements and does not contain any material which is objectionable including, without limit, information which is defamatory, obscene, threatening or untrue. 9.3 We are not responsible for any such material or any error or inaccuracy contained in such material and any issues which you may have should be raised directly with the relevant advertisers or our Sponsors. 9.4 Third-party trademarks and copyrighted material are used with the permission of their respective owners.
10. Disclaimers, Exclusions and Limitations of Liability 10.1 Information provided through our Services is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Specialist advice should be taken where appropriate. 10.2 While Zero Carbon Academy and our Sponsors take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information given is correct, no representations, warranties or terms of any kind are given or to be implied as to satisfactory quality, conformity to contract, accuracy, adequacy, conformity to description or fitness for any particular purpose or that the Websites and/or our Services are free of defects.
10.3 Zero Carbon Academy, its directors, employees, agents or other representatives and our Sponsors shall not be liable for any error or omission or for any loss or damage whatsoever including, without limitation, consequential losses of any nature, whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of the utilisation of the Websites or our Services or from any disruption or non-availability of the Websites or our Services due to any cause whatsoever. 10.4 Zero Carbon Academy, its data providers and affiliates and our Sponsors gives no warranty or guarantee relating to availability of the Websites or our operation of it, or that the Content or the server that makes the Websites available are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of the Websites and/or the Content will be uninterrupted. 10.5 In the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms.
11. Indemnity You will indemnify and will keep indemnified Zero Carbon Academy, its data providers and affiliates and our Sponsors on demand against all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or liability whatsoever arising directly or indirectly as a result of: 11.1 any breach of these terms and conditions by you; or 11.2 your fault, negligence or breach of statutory duty; or 11.3 your use of software or extraction tools, or any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or load on the Websites.
12. General 12.1 All notices shall be given by e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide during the registration process (if any). Notice will be deemed received 24 hours after e-mail is sent or 3 days after the date of posting. 12.2 These terms and conditions (together with any variations to them pursuant to section 2) form the entire agreement between the parties concerning your access to, browsing and/or use of the Websites and supersede all prior agreements,
arrangements, understandings and representations made between us (whether written or oral) concerning the Websites. 12.3 If the whole or any part of any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason the same shall to the extent required to be severed from these terms and conditions and rendered ineffective so far as is possible without modifying the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions and shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions. 12.4 No waiver by Zero Carbon Academy of any breach of these terms and conditions shall constitute a waiver of any other prior or subsequent breach and Zero Carbon Academy shall not be affected by any delay, failure or omission to enforce or express forbearance granted in respect of any of your obligations. 12.5 These terms and conditions and/or your use of the Websites shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute which may arise.
13. Changes to these Terms and Conditions 13.1 We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by uploading amended terms and conditions to the Websites. 13.2 Any changes shall be effective immediately upon uploading to the Websites provided that, in the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of the updated terms and conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise. 13.3 Your continued use of the Websites or utilisation of the Services constitutes your agreement to all such amended terms and conditions.
Zero Carbon Academy Ltd 31 January 2022